Monday, 19 August 2013

A week until Brian departs

Elders pray over Brian and Jennifer
Yikes! Less than a week to go before Brian takes off. I am going through a cycle of excitement, anxiousness and then fear. Then I start all over again. Fortunately, I have Jennifer to talk to, many people praying and above all God to carry me. Whew. It does seem overwhelming but I know God will keep things together and it will bring all things to good.

We had our commissioning service on Sunday and we were blessed and lifted up before the Lord. Prepared for our journey, both physically and spiritually. We were really blessed to have SIM representative Doraine present. With her 35 years at Mukinge hospital she has provided a very useful and appreciated insight into life in Mukinge.

We have spent a number of days this month with family members. 4 days in Algonquin on a canoe trip for the first time with our grandchildren was a wonderful experience - oh, two of our daughters and a son-in-law were there too. The grandchildren responded as if they had been doing canoe trips all their lives. Squeezed in a morning of cheering as two daughters competed in a triathlon. We visited Jen's father in Restoule and my sister visited us. Next Saturday we are at my brother's for a last farewell. A whirlwind tour of good byes.

We thank each of you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment