Monday, 21 October 2013

Jennifer has arrived

Good morning from Mukinge, Zambia.  I arrived safely last night.  Brian had a longer journey trying to meet me at the airport at Solwezi than I had from Lusaka to Solwezi. Brian’s plan to take the bus from Kesempa to the airport to meet me in good time went awry quite quickly.  The bus was over an hour late leaving and made multiple stops along the way.  The end result was the kind folk who met me at the airport picked Brian up along the road as we headed to Mukinge.

I was pretty weary when we arrived here but I did manage to unpack my bags while Brian heated up a meal for us. We ate around 10 pm.  After travelling off and on for 5 days it was nice to wake up this morning in what will be my new home away from home for the next 6 months.

I met some very kind and welcoming folk since arriving at the airport on Friday. I  felt quite spoiled in fact. On Friday night I enjoyed a meal with some fellow Canadians, Lydia and Gilbert, at their home in Lusaka. Diane, from South Africa, also joined us.  Dinner was by candlelight as there is a regular power outage on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings.

Many thanks to all of you who were praying for my journey along the way.  When I was feeling anxious which was too often, I would remind myself that it was all covered in prayer and my strength was renewed. 

Jennifer

PS From Brian: Jennifer is in her element - hot. She says it is just nice. Okay it is only 36 today!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Africa! (And changing time-expectations)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernest, thanks for the continued prayers. Fortunately this is mid-term break so Jennifer has a week to make adjustments before she is thrown into the school setting.

    ReplyDelete