Saturday, 12 April 2014

More comings and goings

It has been a very active couple of weeks since we last posted.  Last Saturday we said goodbye to Michael as he returned to Lusaka.  He was on loan to Mukinge to work on all things computer at the hospital and for some of the other missionaries here.  We all trooped off to the airstrip to see him off. The small plane arrived and unloaded 3 more short termers.  So as we said goodbye to Michael we said hello to Rachel, Derrick (from Kansas) and Raymond (from New Zealand).

Last week was busy with term end testing. This was my (Jennifer) last week at school and the end of term for the students and staff.  There was a flurry of activity all week as report cards were made up for all the students and then checked and copied and finally distributed on Friday.  At the school assembly I had to say my own goodbyes and I will truly miss all their smiling faces.

The next few days will be for saying goodbye to the missionary friends I have made here.  I am looking forward to seeing my family in Canada but it is also difficult to leave all these new friendships. My time here has gone by quickly and there have been a number of challenges but also many rewarding moments.  It has been quite the journey of faith and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for me next.

Thank you to all our supporters.  Please continue to pray for Brian as he continues here for another four months.   J

It is quite difficult to put into words the emotions that are present. Saying good bye, saying hello and running around to get things done. Jennifer and I will have a few days of peace and quiet before she leaves. Pray for an uneventful trip for her . Just as her time here went by so quickly, I am equally sure that the next four months will zip by for me. There is so much to be done.
Welcome Jennifer, but give her time to adjust back to Canada. I am sure it will take some time. I am sure she will not miss the walk to school which has become treacherous due to the rains - mud, mud, mud. Slipping and sliding more than walking. Asphalt roads and real sidewalks will be a pleasant bonus for coming home.  B.

1 comment:

  1. We're doing our best to arrange "Spring" for Jennifer's return! Praying for a safe flight and smooth adjustment.

    ReplyDelete