Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Closing Out Quickly



I can hardly believe that my time is rapidly drawing to an end. I have less than 8 weeks until I leave. I if sound a bit panicked, I am. There is still so much to finish up so it is ready to be handed over. Don’t worry though, I am remembering to keep a balance. I manage to get some exercise in almost every day as well taking time to read and relax. 

I usually rely on Jennifer to keep me humble but I guess in her absence God is working to keep me humble, just in case I start thinking I am more than I am. The big event was a blood drive at the hospital. I thought I was being a smarty pants and asked them if I could donate 2 units. I actually was just thinking that with the blood supply in desperate straights it would be good to double up. I am sure somewhere my in me there was some thought to feeling `superior’. However, they said no. That did not stop God from putting me in my place. All went well and 6 or 7 minutes later I am holding my cotton swab on my puncture. All is going well. I stand up and lean against a bed as they need the space for the next person. Well after several minutes I started feeling woozy so I find a seat and then put my head back to rest. The next thing I know Dr Sarah is standing over me asking me something. Interesting because in my dream I was in a plane and the stewardess was asking me something too. They didn’t believe I was just sleeping – something about my eyes being open and vacant, the sweat pouring off me and the fact I had no colour. Dr David said it was the first time he remembered seeing white lips. Well it was a good place to pass out, if there is such a thing.

Please continue to pray for:
:wisdom for me (I need lots) to know which things to tackle and how best to complete the ones I have already started - eg. revision of the constitution and a 5 year plan
: continued strengthening in these last 8 weeks
: insight as I do messages at 2 churches over the next 7 weeks
: For Jennifer at home dealing with things that aren't working or are a pain (computer, well, leaking faucets etc) 
: for all of our faithful partners for continuing to remember us throughout this year

No comments:

Post a Comment