I think you will be tired of me saying that time is flying by ..but it is!! We said good bye to the `Sandberg' team from Minnesota today so this also means I am back to being solo as I had a team member staying with me whilst they were here. It is sad to make new friends and then have them leave so quickly.
I am working like a beaver to get things done over the next few weeks. I have a few things left to get finished - 5 year plan is almost there, but it keeps expanding as more things need to be covered - the constitution revision is in progress to - the site plan is started but the lack of existing mappiing at the detailed level is making proper planning more difficult.
I had a sad moment today. One of my students came up to me and asked me if it was true that I would be leaving. I could not lie so I had to confirm that yes indeed I would be leaving in about 2 months. The look on his face almost brought tears to my eyes. As I said a sad moment indeed. Then he asked when I was coming back. Really wished I could have side stepped that bit. This student has made very good progress this year as we had him jump a grade. He came to the school and was quite behind in his English.He made good progress in the 3 previous years so we jumped him a grade knowing it would be difficult for him but we felt that he would really benefit from this move. He has. He is catching up quickly and has really shown a strong desire to learn. August 8th will be a very sad day indeed.
Meanwhile back at the ranch so to speak, Jennifer is dealing with all sorts of difficulties with getting the house back in shape. Seems the house did not like being treated that way and is rebelling against rehabitation. Everything from computers breaking down to well pumps needing servicing to water not fit for drinking to water heater malfunctioning, to sinks leaking .... should I go on?.... I think you get the picture. I will owe Jennifer big time when I get home. Might mean dinner out for a month. I would say that I would just cook and clean for a month but my cooking skills may have declined whilst I am here - 101 ways to fix chicken or sausage or tomatoes but not much else - even vegetables are getting scarce now.
Prayer items:
* Jennifer and the stuggles with the home
* the `paperwork' that I have started so I get it finished so it is usable
* to be able to leave my students in good place for them to continue with their successful education
* the Academy as it changes and grows - still much to be put in place to assure sustainability
* thankfulness for those continuing to pray (I really appreciate it and most days literally feel the difference as I get to the end of the day without growing weary)
No comments:
Post a Comment