Monday, 18 August 2014

Thriving and Surviving

Although I have not been active with this blog since returning home as the focus was on Brian continuing the work in Mukinge I thought I would update while Brian is visiting his extended family in England. Right now the race is on to see if he makes it home before our next grandchild is born. The baby is due any day now.  Brian requested that Heidi wait until he gets home before the baby is born and so far she has been accommodating. 

"Thrive" - Casting Crowns


Here in this worn and weary land
Where many a dream has died

Like a tree planted by the water
We never will run dry

So living water flowing through
God we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls
With one desire

Just to know You and
To make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

Into Your word we're digging deep
To know our Father's heart

Into the world we're reaching out
To show them who You are

So living water flowing through
God we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls
With one desire

Just to know You and
To make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

 As our mission in Mukinge closes and we look forward to seeing each other again this song reflects much of our goals for the past year. This year was possible through all you folk who prayed for us, supported us and encouraged us. We look forward to what the Lord has planned for us next.

Often people would ask if I was missing Brian.  I chose, however, not to lose precious time just missing Brian, but to use the time to grow in my faith and, apparently, to do a lot of travelling.  I visited with my Dad, my siblings (I have six of them) , our children and our grandchildren and friends.

I wanted to do more than just survive, I chose to thrive.  

There were lots of challenges here but good friends and neighbours helped where possible and I became quite adept at calling the plumber, handyman, lawn maintenance company, etc .... and writing cheques.  I did leave lots of odd jobs for Brian to do when he gets back. (dead computer, faucet leak, install new toilet, .....the list is quite long) so he will feel needed.
:)

God's faithfulness has been evident throughout this adventure He has sent us on and we are thankful for His goodness to us.  We trust God will use our efforts, in some way, to further His Kingdom.

Blessings to all,
Jennifer


1 comment:

  1. I've been continuing to pray for you both! My time in Mukinge seems so long ago.You both are such a loving couple, and despite having been married for many years your love for each other continues to thrive because of your love for God. I think that serves as a great encouragement for me to be deliberate in my own spiritual walk as well as in my relationship with my boyfriend. Will be praying for Brian's transition back home!

    -Genevieve

    ReplyDelete