That's it! My last school day. It was sad but I am looking forward to coming home and seeing family .. and maybe a new addition to the list of grandchildren.
I was quite touched when one of my students said a farewell speech. a) she did an excellent job b) she touched on the very things that I have been focussed on all term - they msut have been listening.
In my final assembly message I challenged them to read their Bibles. I pointed them to Hebrews 12 and to persevering even when things are difficult. God does not expect perfection, just our best.
It was also gratifying to have staff come and thank me. This from the group of people I poked, prodded, and chajoled to become better, and yet they still seem to like me. I can only hope and pray that as I leave they will continue on with the same diligence and determination to teach the children to the best of their abilities. That is all I ask too.
Please pray for my final few days, for my bus ride to Solweziand then the planetrips to Lusaka, to Jo'berg to London and then Toronto. I am not sure where jet setting got its `glamorous' image because I just get tired and cranky .. well crankier than I usually am. Maybe it is okayif you fly first class. Anyone want to bump me up to first class??
Thank you for your on going support. I can guarantee you that whatever impact I have made is a result of your support. Many times I got to the end of a day and wondered how I managed to keep going. So I thank you and ask for God's blessing on you. Being seeing you shortly ...
No comments:
Post a Comment