They have started. The good byes that is. Today was my last Sunday giving a message and my last Sunday at Church of Christ. They had a very nice thank you lunch for me. A traditional meal of sorghum nshima, fish and cassava leaves. Now I am stuffed!!
I said good bye to the Tompkins who left to go on home assignment. The pharmacist who has been here almost as long as me leaves this Friday so the good byes continue.
It is a time of mixed emotions. I am anxious to get home to see my own family but at the same time would like to stay and continue the work here. Whether that is to finish the school expansion, the planning for the future or helping with a church building for the Church of Christ congregation there is much that is not completed. I know that in reality, few things in life come neatly packaged with a precise start and end time and that before we finish one thing we start another so we are always ongoing with things. It is just hard to know I am leaving with things not neatly tied up completed in a with a bow.
On a personal note, I have been able to continue to swim as the pool was not emptied this year. Mind you the water is doing its best to persuade me not to swim. The water is about the same temperature as an Algonquin lake in the spring!
Thanks to all for your continue thoughts and prayers. Continue to pray that I will have wisdom in knowing what to work on until the end. Then also for safe travel home.
No comments:
Post a Comment