Just a quick note to let you know I am alive and doing well. I was at the Sunday service this morning at Mukinge Church. It is a part of the Evangelical Church of Zambia. They have two services each Sunday, one in English and the other in Kikaonde. This morning's message completed the series on church leadership. Christ like leaders, by their very nature, attract people to them and therefore have the opportunity to explain the gospel message. Leaders who are distracted by their own agenda or the things of this world quickly transfer this outlook to the people they lead and many are lead astray. So it was a call to assess what type of leader are you? We are all leaders in one way or another - to family, friends, colleagues. Which direction does your witness lead?
As I sit here this afternoon in the 39 deg heat, I am beginning to understand why people who live in the tropics have afternoon siestas. It is very tempting to just lie down and close one's eyes and doze away the hottest part of the afternoon. Tomorrow I am leading the school devotion time. Our topic is the gift of salvation. You can't earn it but you must accept it.
No comments:
Post a Comment